Applying for a Secondary Suite
Information and Application for Obtaining a Secondary Suite License
Once you have met the technical requirements of a legal secondary suite in Langley, you must apply for approval from the city. The secondary suite license application is a four-section form that can be completed online or printed. Applicants can type their answers into each section on the form from a computer for added convenience. See below.
Before filling out the application, you’ll need to know the following information:
- If your suite application is for a new suite, existing suite, change of owner, or family-occupied suite
- Where the suite is located & legal (land) description
- Square footage
- Who the registered owner is
- Contact information of the registered owner
- Signatures of the owner and inspector
Once you have gathered all the necessary information, applicants can submit their forms to the Township of Langley. For more information about applying for a suite in Langley, contact the Permit, License, and Inspection Services Department in Langley (email@example.com).